Pages

Friday 6 May 2011

The last few yards

Ok, so I thought it was time for another blog. This way I can reassure myself and you, dear reader.
I am here sitting in my local library just having got off the phone with my girl. My heart is racing, I am, if not already hysterical, panic attacks coming and going but hey this is uni life, it will never be easy, it is all about the tears, the frustration, the anger, the feeling of being alone and isolated. Am hating every moment that goes by all I want to do is have these exams over and done with so that i can collapse, breathe and be free from all this stress. But truly, there are only ten days left of exams and then it will all be over.
Keep my head down, I read and re-read my notes, the lecture handouts and the textbook, I make my flash cards, I highlight, I underline, put asterisks, I condense everything. These are just a few methods of revision. When in fear and doubt and when you feel you’re hanging by a thread remember these quotes:
“I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another and yet another. In truth one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts repeated will complete any undertaking.”
Og Mandino
The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win”
Roger Bannister
These words, dear reader, are not random. I have not just googled them to attempt to inspire you. These words have been with me for the past 8-9 years of my life and they have kept me motivated and given me determination when I was hanging by a thread.
Now is no different, the year has been extremely hard for me. Much has changed, people have come and gone but the only thing that has kept me focused, kept me going it truly University and my degree. Yes, I tell you it is hard but every tear, every time I panic, every feeling of hopelessness is worth knowing that as I revise and stay up late at night and wake up early in the mornings it is worth the struggle. Truly anything that is easy is not worth doing, hardship; troubles and obstacles when defeated will give you a sense of achievement. Always believe in yourself, strive well and hard. Toil sweat and bleed and you shall bear fruition.
Even though my head falls to the desk, and I am full of anxiety and hanging by a withering thread I know that the race is almost finished, literally just a few more yards and then we can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment