Pages

Friday 27 May 2011

A Touch of Heaven

Thinking about that first day, sat side by side,
Hearts closer than any of us dared to admit
Crossing such a forbidden boundary,
Truly breaking all the rules,
I let you come close.

Your hands find mine, creeping upon me,
Each trace you make with the tips of your fingers
Makes an everlasting scar on my heart
You will live there permanently.
You still refuse to say a word.
I am more stubborn.

You stood close behind me
Almost just a breath away,
It’s killing me, the intensity
Of your presence, truly.

Nothing revealed, but the tone of your voice,
The lightness of your words
Then I think of how I asked you over
My heart pounding as I let you in
Racing with each utterance of a word

Our fingers entwine,
Instantly I know you,
Your lips find my forehead, a kiss...
A touch of heaven blesses my soul.


Message from the Poet:
Certain requirements have been imposed that blogs need to be of a certain word count but in the world of poetry and literature it is almost impossible to always be within certain constraints and the majority of the times I can conform to this rule but I think this one ends quite well and so I cannot find any way to add to it that will please me.

No comments:

Post a Comment