Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Better Mood; One Exam Left

One more exam left: Torts, Three hours and fifteen minutes. Chosen topics: Trespass to the Person, Vicarious liability and Psychiatric Injury.
Physically I am drained; I cannot keep awake without the aid of some energy drink. I think the sale of energy drinks must be so high at this time of year. I have met a few very nice people over these last few weeks; the intensity of these exams somehow brings us all closer. We after all are in the same boat. I sit in the library and despite all the anxiety and confusion over myself and my career I know that I am surrounded by the future teachers, doctors, engineers, business folk, lawyers and it fills me with such a great pride for them that I am able to share this experience with them.
Before my Criminal Law exam (which by the way I chose to do: Insanity and automatism, rape and duress and necessity) I was in tears so I went to speak to my tutor who was not actually there so instead I went to speak to Chris, one of the most amazingly talented lectures this uni has, who seemed very busy marking but on seeing me asked me to sit. I told her how I felt and even though I am not the only one who feels this it does not always reassure me. At times quite often during exam periods I get the feeling that I am not good enough. Yes, I have made it this far but it has not been easy and that fact makes me feel as though I can no longer do this. Anyway, having said all this through snot and tears she reassured me that of course now was not the time to panic and let fear get the better of me. There have been many who walk through those doors feeling just as inadequate as I am. I know I repeat myself but it is for a reason to keep us all and myself going. We all say that “we cannot do this”, that “we cannot cope” but when you look at it we are, we get up, go to the library or our desks and revise as much as we can. She also told me to cram in as much as I could into my head.
Through my experience over these last few weeks I have realised one very important thing and that is to SLEEP! You must, me included, get enough rest otherwise your entire system will go kaput, it will disintegrate. I have found myself in two of my exams that I almost fall asleep and it is such a big fight within me to stay awake and continue writing. Make sure you have a routine, it will help you immensely. Nobody likes it but you should do it. I know I sound like a nag but I mean the best.
And again repeating my point about lecturers, at first they appear like these super human being with quite obviously such a vast amount of knowledge and it may appear that they do not care but if you have any problems and concerns or any issues in your life like so many of the rest of us do then make it known to them. The earlier you tell them the more help and advice they will give you and they are just human after all with their own problems etc and you will find as I have that they are quite understanding.
Again my sincerest wishes of luck to you all.
~Much love the Poet~

No comments:

Post a Comment