Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Sunday Library

Thought I would take a mini break and write a short (ish) blog about the exciting topic of revision again. I may as well tell you that the next few blogs will really just be about exams and revision, usually during this period I focus on nothing else but exams. But the summer time shall be full of my mini stories and tales of my laziness and adventures.
But first things first just want to give a quick shout out to my beloved readers, some of which commented on last week’s blog: Zainaa and anonymous and anonymous ;-) It is such an honour and privilege to know that there are people out there reading these blogs and that I in some minute form am able to share some hope. They say:
“If you have knowledge, let others light their candle in it.”
~Margaret Fuller~
I find writing this stimulates my thoughts and relaxes me just a bit.
So, again I am in my local library but I do not feel so great, I feel drained of all energy, physically almost incapacitated but by some force something inside keeps pushing me forward. I keep repeating to myself “just a few more days, a few more days and then I can collapse.”
I have mentioned, although not elaborated on, the fact that this year has been quite difficult for me and there comes a time where even the mighty shall fall
“Pride comes before fall”
And even though this is extremely late even I admit I need a lil help so I am putting in for extenuating circumstances. All year long I have had this thought and belief that I could manage and yes I have managed but there have been too many times that I have come very close to throwing in the towel so before I do that all other avenues must be taken. I have worked hard, for too long to let all this go so I bow my head and admit I need that help. And like I said I am not alone, having spoken to one of my lectures briefly she advised me to speak to my tutor and make a claim for extenuating circumstances. Sometime is seems as if your lecturers are robots, they come in talk at you for two hours, give you a seminar for an hour and disappear, as if they have no feeling and are only concerned with those students who get the highest grades but no it is nothing like that. When you make the time and effort to speak to them you will realise that once upon a long time ago they were in exactly the same position as you are in. Life, huh? Sometimes we are so busy focusing on ourselves we forget they have a beating heart too.
“Keep the hope alive.”
“Were it not for hope the heart would break” ~ Scottish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment