Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Welcome 2012


Hello my dearies,

Well, what can I say? Reflecting on the past year again it has been such a tough and perilous journey but with much perseverance we shall all come through... somehow. In all honesty as 2011 came to its swift end more personal problems arose so much so that I have again contemplated dropping out of uni. However, today was the first day back at uni and I am happy that a routine is beginning again. During hard times when you feel alone, speaking from experience it is vital that one reaches out so as I eventually came to terms with my issues I wrote to my tutors explaining that I had some difficulties with getting any work done at all. Today I spoke to the tutors that I feel I can confide in and they are so supportive. Many people do not realise that when you reach out for help there are many people out there who will support you so please everyone do make use of everything and everyone around you. You will be amazed at just how truly wonderful some people can be.

Luckily I managed to pass my Equity coursework (I got 50%) it is not the best mark but I am happy that I could achieve that despite everything. A lot of times during uni people feel the need to compete with others which to me is not realistic and not good for one’s own self esteem. You can only compete with yourself though it may be hard I think it is vital to not compare one’s own academic achievements to others. I see from others around me that all that does is make people feel worse about themselves. You are your own worst judge. Know what it is you are capable of and set goals to that standard and slowly, slowly aim higher and higher. It can only be done with small steps. I am definitely not the most academically gifted but what I lack others may have and what others lack I may have. Most tutors are aware of this you just have to really reach out and voice your concerns. After your degree the world is your oyster and perhaps from this we all can learn what we really do enjoy (which I have and that is mentoring and teaching) and what you are good at. Usually what you enjoy is what you are good at and even if that is not the case, who cares? Don’t stop doing something just because others and grades say you are not good enough. Back when I was doing my A Level English Literature my grades showed that I was a terrible writer (much to my dismay) but here I am reaching out to who knows how many people in the form I love most. I love writing and I enjoy being able to express myself through these blogs, poetry etc and yes there have been plenty of times where grades have showed that writing is not my forte and it has stopped me from writing but then it is only I who suffered. So never stop trying despite all the hurdles. Don’t let anyone tell you that you are not good enough.

Much Love As Always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment