Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Forlorn


Impossible to ignore you
For you make life so true
Being away from you is too cruel
Your presence my only fuel

In your embrace I could never turn away
My feelings for you will never fray
How can you think it’s possible for me to keep you at bay?
In your arms is the only place I wish to lay

Life will bring obstacles in abundance
The journey be paved with thorns and without you I am forlorn
Yet my heart knows only you, it’s the truth that away from you I am reluctant
 To hear you sad, to see you sad I am so torn

Only you make this path so worthwhile
We can bide our time
Together I know we can make it through
Holding your hand, a bliss I never knew

Soul so fractured
When a distance comes between
Nothing can be seen
But this we have ventured
And our hearts have nurtured

A smog around us may arise
Yet the emotions are no lies
Words so simple they are inadequate
To describe feelings so animate

Jealous eyes may us surround
But they can never know what love us binds
Angry words will exchange
But what lies inside will never change

To turn away from you a mistake
Something I can never make
Our bond too strong
No ... this is not fake

No comments:

Post a Comment