Pages

Thursday 11 August 2011

Third Riot, More to Come?

Yet again I find myself writing to you about the events of last night. Another night of mindless rioting. When will it end? This year 2010/2011 has been atrocious both personally and globally. I hope this nonsense shall end.
Despite wanting others to stay indoors and others warning me I did venture out initially to take pictures but my destination diverted to see my girl. But I must admit it was terrifying, perhaps I was watching too much news and seeing too many posts on Face Book and Twitter but what I saw speaks for itself. So many groups of youths some in balaclavas and others openly with them heading towards Wood Green, some on foot and others on bikes or in cars. My heart racing I focused on getting to my destination. Who knew that the mindless thugs would spread now hitting East Ham, Croydon, Peckham, Lewisham, Birmingham and Liverpool. Yet again more houses are set alight and people being robbed even whilst injured. Why do we have a group of mindless young folk acting out in such a despicable manner? They surely do not represent the rest of us who have ambition, who have manners and respect?
Walking down the high street this morning was weird, on a day like this it should be packed with families, youngsters and masses of people but it is unusually quote. There are still some thugs about; two were inciting the public to join the rioting. For shame!
At a time like this we need to come together as a community and clean up this mess. I would also like to clean up the thugs but let us leave that to the hands of the law and hope that justice shall be eked out swiftly and severely. Let us not forget the words of Lord Philip
“Justice must not only be done but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.”



No comments:

Post a Comment