Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

If I just had one more chance

Sometimes I just want to give up
I look into your eyes
You stare blankly back
I reach out to hold you
And like a frozen statue you remain
So I shrivel up inside
And slowly continue to die

Aching to feel your kiss
To be held in your arms
To be protected by you like I know I should
Just like everyone else

Dying every day just to sit beside you
To be fed by you
To listen to your voice
To learn all the things you never got to teach
To be taken care of just by you

Just to hear your voice one more time
To feel your kisses on my hands
Those last ones... they’re still sweet on me
And yet still so slowly I die... without you

And I know with no trace of doubt
That each tear shed
Would be a smile if you were here by my side
If we just had one more chance
But now you’re all just bones and dust
And there is no one else I can trust

If we had just one more chance
I would tell you “take me with you”
I would ask you “why leave me behind
So alone without you?”

If I just had one more chance
I would hold you so tight
I would tell you just how much I love you
If I just had more chance
I would be happy just to say your name
And hear you say mine and that you love me back

If I just had one more chance
But now you’re all just bones and dust...

No comments:

Post a Comment