Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

Re-Sit Revision

Hi all, how are your summer holidays going?
So thought I would catch you all up on my “summer” so far. But what can I say? Much of my time is now spent on revising and applying for jobs and I just feel so rubbish about it all. Yet again I feel the same insecurities as before. Fear of failing only this is my last chance to get through to the next year. And all the while all I really want to do is curl up into a ball and hide away from the world. Being in this position yet again is deflating. I ask myself time and time again if there is any point in carrying on? I do love my course, it is challenging to say the least but even more so rewarding when I do actually pass something. A part of me thinks if I have taken the right course but this has been my dream, my goal since the age of twelve/thirteen. Believe it or not before law I did actually want to do archaeology.
Plan B: in the event that I do happen to fail my re-sits I intend to do a legal secretary course with the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PA’s. Before this I had every intention of just leaving the country and teaching English in a country far, far away but as that is not the most practical and ideal solution, I googled, believe it or not, “what happens if I fail my Law degree” and somehow I came across the legal secretary course which now seems to be the better course of action.
But I cannot help the feeling that a big part of me just wants to throw in the towel in and give up. My sister suggested that perhaps it would be best to just cut my losses and move on but then I would be a fool to not take up all the opportunities to carry on with my law degree. I have said before and I do mean it when I say that academic studies/intelligence is not everything. There are many things that the educational institute cannot teach you i.e. manners, chivalry, courtesy, common sense etc
Whilst sitting on my perch the neighbour came out and we had a really nice chat. Well, he talked and I listened. There are so many friendly people out there. And he was speaking to me about everything how life is now in cities is just so rushed, everything we do is rushed. People rush off to work, school/college/uni, to shop, to meet people but why so? Why can we not just take our time and look to admire life in all its beauty and enjoy it?
Everything has a time limit, education and work. Two things that dominate our lives, we just cannot escape it. None of us can escape this sad fact of life. And once education is over there are jobs which come with bills and insurances to pay: car, life, home etc. Tell me when does all this nonsense stop? Even life has a time limit and we should make the most of it and enjoy it.
Speaking to my neighbour and the security guard at my local library they both tell me the same thing life is too short and you only get one chance at it so you need to do what makes you happy. Look before you leap. I looked hard and toiled much to get here and to remain here on this LLB course, it is much harder than anyone can anticipate. But that is just my experience.
The journey carries on, the toil and the struggle. Everything will fall into place as it should...

No comments:

Post a Comment