Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

Contradiction

No patience like a saint
So hot tempered and quick to anger
Fury plays on your mind and always does it linger
But deep inside the heart is so tender.

Words fall from your lips so pristine
With all ears do I listen, ever so keen.
Your shoulders alone do I want to lean
A heart like yours? No. Never have I seen.

Like a playful cub biting and clawing...
It is so simple; your lips are the only ones I want to keep kissing.
Violent mind with scars to bear
Betrays the heart that to me is so dear

A voice that can raise hell                                                                               
Yet when whispered and sung makes all the angles dwell
On all sweet things to him they forgot to tell
But on this fallen angel his words do make her eyes swell

So wise and yet so foolish
All in all he is just so simply boyish.
In his arms do I long to be
To know the truth of our reality

But this dear broken heart is in so much doubt
Even though all hidden things have been let out.
Need only to be in those arms, looking deep into those eyes
For my heart to know your words are no lies

To remain by your side
Forever can I swallow life’s disgusting bile.
It is with you only that I want to argue
And yet always will I remain true

An enigma to my mind
Somehow my heart you’ve made so blind
Entwine my fingers with yours; lay my head upon your chest
Victorious we will come through all of life’s tests

Crazy, erratic, confusing
My heart for you has long been searching
Perhaps now with each other we can find some solace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment