Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

To Teach or To Practise? Now that is the Question!

The question that continuously plagues my mind what I should go into as a career is Law or teaching? Hard stuff as applications for take in for the next year are open and I need to make up my mind fast. Law as you all know has been my dream for yonks but am I really cut out for it is the main question I ask myself? One of the most important thing I have learnt is to be happy life is way too short to be miserable and we must do what we can to make ourselves be happy and to spread happiness everywhere we go. But then like I usually say one must find a way to pay the bills and maintain a roof over one’s head.
As part of the ambassador scheme I have had a great many opportunities to be a mentor to those aged between 14-19 and I find it so fulfilling. To be able to spread your knowledge, expertise and experience to others is a wonderful thing. I aim to inspire. I aim to help others and the law is a great tool in which one can do that but is it really for me. As I may have mentioned before the way to change the world, make it a better place etc can be done through various means and I think for me it is probably the ability to (I think and really hope I do) to inspire, to reach deep into people’s minds and give them cause to rethink things. I think the age group I am interested in is the most fascinating. They go through so many vital changes, experience many life altering events and to have the opportunity to be there and guide and help them through it all is what I really would like to do.
But then to just give up on the law something I have been doing for the last four years of my life? Something which I have struggled but believed in so much and to just make such a big change is a huge decision.
Who knows I still have a while to go. Perhaps the best course of action is to apply for both and make my mind up later...

No comments:

Post a Comment