Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

All About Kitty

What an eventful weekend, quite emotional. Kitty as I mentioned before was pregnant only I did not realise just how far gone she was. Over the week I finally managed to get her a place at Cats Protection so Friday night I talked my sister into letting her stay the night so that I she wouldn’t go off and I wouldn’t have to chase her. You can guess what happened next. 
It was around 2.46a.m that I woke up hearing her meowing. Not only that I heard other meows that I know was not her voice so I got up to inspect and low and behold two babies had been born J  One the eldest was black and white and the youngest was like a mini tiger stripy black and white tabby like. The rest of the night I stayed up monitoring Kitty and the babies.
I was quite concerned that she was still quite big and worried that there were more babies still in her so I called up numerous vets to see what they advised. Most said that it would be best to take her to a vet. This was all around six in the morning. Having done some research on the internet I came across articles that stated it may be an interrupted pregnancy which usually takes 24-36hours. I called up Cats Protection and updated them on the situation and they reassured me that they would still take her in. I thought to wait it out for a while as Kitty was not in any distress and was eating and acting normally.
A few hours later I had a friend come over and then after speaking to him decided to wait on it still but being as worried as I was I called up my local vets and they told me to bring her and the babies in immediately. I hate taking her on journeys as she gets so distressed but after seeing the vets we were given the all clear no more babies on the way. She was just bloated because her bladder was full which he released. I was so relieved! We went home and I called up Cats Protection who informed me that I could bring her in on Sunday L . For most of the night I did not sleep just continuously kept an eye on mummy and babies. They were all fine.
The next morning was emotional and sad for me having taken care of her for so long. On the way there I got a bit lost but found it finally. The people were all so excited at the prospect of having my little babies and each moment my heart was being broken. If only people took proper care of their pets. The neighbours who had at first said she belonged to them later when she was pregnant with the second litter said she was not theirs well what can one do? Whilst I could I took as much care of her as I possibly could and now I know that eventually she will find a better home and be looked after properly. The babies I have been reassured will not be separated and I can call them at anytime to find out just how they are doing. Bit sad but it is for the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment