Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Bye Bye Law

When I first began Law I had such high hopes. This had been my dream since the tender age of twelve/thirteen and yet now in my final year after such a long and intense battle within me I realise just the let down it has been. The law is not for me and me not for it. I will work hard to finish this year off and then I can move on to what my heart calls out for. The lecturers are amazing talented people who I respect and admire with all my heart but I cannot do it. I cannot. Perhaps later on I may change my mind or the fire may be rekindled but for now my heart is set on this. For so long I have dreamt and fought so hard to do this but like I said at the beginning I wish to inspire you all and I know for sure that I cannot inspire with the law.
During my second year at university I had many privileges of working with a school environment and looking back on that I can feel how much I enjoyed it. How fulfilled it felt, how satisfying. The research now almost completely done I shall commence to make applications for a PGCE. I have also come across a really good website which enables one to look for work in a school environment as a teacher or teacher assistant etc for those of you interested here at Greenwich we do offer PGCE’s so call in or visit our website for more information.
Before starting my placement I was told that people who had previously worked there gained a lot of confidence and flourished and perhaps it is only because I have not been there for too long that I feel such dismay but I know that deep within my heart that I can no longer do this. The people there are amazing well accomplished individuals and they have all of my admiration and I hope I can give them my very best until it is all over but I know now that this is not where my heart is. For those of you interested:

1 comment: