Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Summer So Far

Hey there Readers, how are you all faring in life?!
I thought I should update you as to things I have been occupying my time with which is not very much I’m afraid to say. As promised to myself I have had a few swim sessions, it is so wonderful to be able to float and swim albeit it not be the oceans. Writing still gives so much peace of mind; does it do the same for you? I picked up a few books from my local library those being:
·         No Second Chance; probably my favourite contemporary writer: Harlan Coben
·         A Greater Evil; Natasha Cooper
·         Dark Echo;  F.G Cottam
·         Heart of Darkness; Joseph Conrad
The first one most obviously is my favourite. Dark Echo made an interesting read although a bit long winded, it should have focused on the issue of the boat or alternatively a better read should have been set in the past. A Greater Evil was not that great to be honest, I found myself skipping to the end to see what would happen; I would have to say boring in one word. The final book I have yet to read so I shall begin that tonight and will be reading more of the classics since they are considered classics for a reason.
I have also taken up a new hobby which is some sort of wood craft puzzle, admittedly I received help on this one but I promise the next one I will show you each stage as I go along. Advice is golden and I am the fool who refused to take heed (more fool me, She says to herself). Number each piece but I didn’t and the whole thing had to be disassembled. Anyway enjoy the picture, more to come. I love to work with my hands. Oh and it is and is meant to be a reconstruction of the Temple of Heaven.
Perhaps I will take up sculpting, who knows or maybe that is the influence of A Greater Evil.
Adding to my list of places to visit: Camden Town, magnificent and so much culture, so much diversity, for me it is a beautiful feast.
I look forward to sharing the summer journey with you, dearest readers; already it has brought much laughter and so much more sadness with the unfortunate demise of one of my beloved bunnies. I think I have used this before but it does say so perfectly what I can never articulate but I take only two lines:
“...shadow of annoyance
Never came near thee...”

If you can then I suggest taking the time out to read one of my favourite poems, Ode to A Skylark.
Many people will not understand my love for animals but they are such joyful creatures, they never complain, they have so much character without ever making a sound, they so easily win your hearts, they never hurt you except the occasional nibble and they are extremely cuddly. Like I said before it has been a tough year so at least temporarily the academic side is over even if just for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment