Pages

Thursday 24 March 2011

Conquered By You

Never, ever did I think it possible that someone would conquer me; to find my fault in this. I challenged many and they failed... all did but You. Within moments you thwarted my well thought out logical plan. So with much grace and dignity I stand down... conquered by You.

This reason and what sense that t’was no longer makes sense. Vision anew.
I stand gracious in defeat and no, not sullen but with energy rejuvenated.
Ready to conquer the world as stands before me naked stripped bare of all obstacles.
I, too, can conquer.

N’er did I know such reason to exist to flatten me. But here....

I stand fallen, in this knowledge.
Stubborn like an ass, was I
But this truth can no longer be denied
All logic and reasoning falters.
I am speechless.

I thought it was but a dream, way beyond my reach.
No longer arrogant, no longer always right, knock down from the high stool
only to be captured by your words...

I am caught by your words, enlightened again. Mesmerised.
Our future awaits, destiny reaches her hand out to us waiting to be taken.
She invites us to live, to take each day slowly but completely.
She whispers to us “the future awaits you so leave the past behind”

This here, right now, the one standing before you is anything but a dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment