Pages

Thursday 24 March 2011

Awakened

I feel you beneath the tips of my fingers, though you’re not there
I can smell your scent lingering in the air
I can feel your heart beat in time with mine though you’re so far away
I can hear the sound of your voice floating all around me
You bring me smiles to my heart,

Your gaze penetrates my mind
You’ve connected to my soul
Awakened me from my blindness

Your words in unison with mine,
Your laughter the sweetest thing ever,
You, so simple, so true.

The music plays
And slowly we sway
Locked in this embrace
You move me with ease and grace
Time ought to stop.

Your hands glide around my waist
Now I feel protected
This moment now locked in time,
I sing along with the rhyme.

Am wishing you was close
Right here by my side,
Am wishing time to fly by
To bring you straight here to me,
Am wishing I could talk to you,
Wishing that I could listen to you and hear your thoughts.
Am wishing to run my fingers through your hair,
And to lie on your chest.

In all this chaos and disorder you’ve brought me to the light,
In all this madness you’re the only that makes any sense.

Nights form into day, they merge together, become a blur,
With you on my mind and you by my side
I am no longer dreaming but living.

No comments:

Post a Comment