Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine

You my lifeline
No day of saint can fulfil
To even contemplate showing you all that is inside will take time
Printed words on mass produced cards are just so nil

Everywhere I look my eyes search for you
My every heart beat was made for you
And every step leads to you
No words can define feelings so true

If I could show you but an ounce
Perhaps then you would know the power that lies inside
But to show you is impossibility
That only you can make me feel so lively

The thought of your smile can create life
The sounds of your laughter can move the moon
The depth of your words stole my heart
It’s from you I can never depart

To die for you is not my wish
But to live beside you my eternal prayer
And then be blessed with your forever kiss
To lose you my only fear

No boxes of chocolates, no stuffed toy or dying roses
Can ever be enough to spoil you with
So forget the silly teddies, leave behind the strange manufactured food,
Don’t bring a bottle of wine
Nor take me to a crowded restaurant to dine
Just hold me in your arms, keep looking me in the eyes
And never let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment