Pages

Monday 27 February 2012

Placement Update

Hey everyone! How is everyone getting on? How is uni and everything else in life faring?

So I thought I should give you an update about my placement though at first I absolutely did not like my placement, I have over the many hours come to absolutely admire the ladies/people I work with. Day in and day out so many people call us with a range of issues from housing, welfare, education, employment, the list is quite extensive. Some voices over the phone can be rude, some are erratic, others quiver with so much sadness and tears that even my eyes fill with tears. On my latest day at placement I had two emotional phone calls. The first (as I said before I really can’t divulge details) made me realise that for all the harshness that I am deep down I know that everyone deserves a second chance and that we as society must implement rules that are fair and equal to all. It should not be to hinder them but to help rehabilitate, to support people and integrate them back into society.

The second call the client was in tears and this is the phone call that moved me to tears but of course one has to maintain a professional manner and I told the client to take her time, deep breaths and perhaps a drink of water. What to some people may be a really small matter to another it is life changing and to know that the place I work at makes such a huge positive change in people’s lives is just so uplifting to know.

Help is always at hand it is just about finding the right people to go to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment