Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

Back To Basics

Back to basics. I seem to have gone off too much of tangent, way off track and forgotten the real reason why I wanted to write these blogs in the first place. At least that is how I feel. I feel like in all the worry and the frustration of exams and re-sits I have overlooked and taken for granted the many beauty of things around me.
I wrote in my first blog to you all that I wanted to share this journey with you all, the good things as well as the bad but lately I feel all I have been doing is telling you all the bad things and taking these blogs for granted. The feeling of which I began this had been forgotten to me but its better late than never.
Sometimes in life bad things happen, it is inevitable like death... sorry to be so morbid but that does not mean that we linger and pontificate (great word isn’t it!) on it. Life deals us a certain card and we deal with it the best way we can or sometimes not the best way. In any case what the important thing is what we take out of it. To learn, to change, to better ourselves from it. Past is past.
And yes it will occasionally loom over us like a dark cloud in winter and sometimes that dark cloud will burst and will pour down on us with memories we would rather forget... but we must not forget. Never forget the bad because it will make you take for granted all the good. Around us we have so so very much. The world at the tips of our fingers, food so easily gotten, communication (texts, emails, telephones, mobiles, letters, fax BBM stuff etc) so easily overlooked. I hate to be preachy. That is not my intention. My intention is to inspire. To show you all the beauty around you even if does appear so ugly.
I’ve complained about bills and rent etc but at the end of the day I have a roof over my head. I have a laptop in front of me in which I can write this to you, in which I can go on Twitter and Facebook etc and keep in constant touch with my friends. A whole library can be accessed through the touch of a button which saves me from paying to go to the library. All around us there are so many people who can barely afford to eat so what is there not to be grateful for when our cupboards and fridges are well stocked up?
I have the privilege of working for my beloved university and there are so many people out there who are out on the streets in the cold selling magazines i.e. Big Issue sellers or playing music just to make ends meet.
Life despite its obstacles is simply beautiful and we should be grateful for all the small pleasures we have because there are so many out who are not as fortunate as we are. Let us never forget.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment