Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

The Beginning of the End

A very big hello to all my dearest readers!

That time of year is upon us again. Exam time! Last year I shared with you my journey throughout revision and this year has been slightly different as I have begun to share with you my own history and the roots from which I come. I know that there are so  many people that will be in a similar situation to me that have had continuous hardships and obstacles thrown in their way. Trust me the amount of problems and skeletons that keep cropping up it is a wonder I did not drop out.

The Christmas period for me was yet another pivotal point in my life that turned everything around and made me realise (though I don’t need this lesson from life, I’ve had quite enough thank you very much) that nothing will ever be as it seems. Lies and secrets uncovered that damaged my image of those most closest to me when in numbers they are so few.

If you have read the last two blogs perhaps you would have by now put the pieces together and realised that during the summer of 2010 I was kicked out on to the streets with nowhere to go. The kindest of friends took me in and put a roof over my head without one shred of hesitation. That was an emotional period and it still is what with a continuous stream of problems emanating from that one event. However, despite all of that I am finally coming to an end of my time at university. Whether I succeed in this next of the journey shall remain to be seen but again the message here is perseverance and determination.

It’s not easy and many times there have been times where I just wanted to give up on university but my tutors told me to stick at it for a few weeks and then see how I feel then a few weeks went by and coursework was handed out and before I realised I was handing in all the assignments. Even in lectures it was emotional discussions of domestic violence and abuse or formulating a will made me cry endlessly most times right in the middle of the lecture room. Placements constantly reminded me of how unfaithful (not only partners but cousins aunts and uncles etc) some people can be. Having said that there are many people that are willing to help and there are plenty of places where people in similar situations can get advice.

I end by letting you know that if you are having housing issues like mine and are in need of some expert advice then I strongly recommend contacting Streetwise Community Law Centre (based in Beckenham), a quick Google search will provide you with all the relevant contact details but they currently do not have their own website.

For now the very best of luck for exams

Much Love

Naz
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment