Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Fragments of My Mind I

Walking back into the past
Surrounded by a bunch of ghosts
I guess it is time I try to lay you at rest.
Don’t worry I remember how you said life is a test
But deep down inside I’m praying to come back to the nest

Keep looking back on to the past,
Keep searching for your hands,
Keep looking to see what I last saw,
Keep looking back to feel what I last felt

Keep wanting to break free from this reality.

Wanting to reach out and take a hold of your hands the way it should be,
This time tell you to take me with you.
Silly pictures on the wall, they tease me, laugh at me,
No longer do they comfort me. Just a mockery.

I inhale, take a deep breath,
I try to remember your scent
I remember each step,
I remember each slight detail
I try to envision us back then. Care free. Happy.

Now tears a are plenty. Happiness just a word, a distant memory.
Waiting for you to come set me free
Love just a fairy tale.
Something now that everyone continuously fails
On us they repeatedly bail.

I walk the path of old, going over your steps. I wonder can you feel me? Can you hear me?

Next time I’ll tell you don’t let go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment