Pages

Sunday 24 October 2010

Penny for Your Thoughts

There are some few people who just connect. Their eyes lock and without s single touch or a murmur of a word they come together in perfect harmony... like music. Two souls reach together, pull like magnets, a force so powerful, so out of this world. No, I speak not of love, dear reader, but of something more profound. Kindred spirits.
Penny for your thoughts...
This Saturday gone by was wonderful. I was at the place I love most (other than La Belle France). I found myself asking is it possible to fall in love with a place? With a building, with the landscape?
Looking at you places me in a trance. I admire your beauty, your strength. I am in awe of your presence. Greenwich you take my breath away.
Saturday 16th Open Day so many old familiar, it feels good those faces that was the start, the beginning of these blogs.
Summer 2010 another roller coaster ride. The enquiry unit brought stability, gave me focus, security when all else was crumbling down. I expected to leave it all behind. After four weeks break all ties, get on with Uni. No attachments, how wrong I was...
I smelt and tasted freedom unlike ever before. Let me speak of the people who i came to adore, to love and admire. Lucky Klover; the first time I was out so late by myself. Pizza and WKD. We sat by the river bank admiring the compass on our buildings, spoke of the origin of that compass, China 14th Century. We laughed together, shared our stories, shared our music “Cannon in D major by Jerry C, Puccini, Mozart”, eventually we came to share our tears and our pain. Never did I expect to meet and have such a dear friend, Lucky Klover. Of course, as with everything in life there are those who annoy you irritate you and aggravate you but they are not worth another mention, that my audience is the cycle of life. Then there are those who you need not say a word to, one look will suffice and you will know just know every detail of what they are thinking. I ask you, have you ever come across such people? Take a few moments to sit, look at someone, say nothing and penetrate their thoughts. When that final day came, it too, was the end of an era. With some you exchange numbers, FaceBook and with those very select few you decide that fate shall take the lead. Destiny shall lead the Waltz.
“ ... some say am a dreamer
But am not the only one...”
As I write this I feel so lucky, so insubstantial and delicate. It is seldom that you appreciate the things you have in life. So i propose lets take a moment, let me, reader, reach into your hearts and connect to you. Let our hearts beat as one. Health first and foremost that we can breathe, that we can feel, that we can communicate and that we should understand. Education, my dear love, to be taught and have knowledge. There is this great misconception that universities are all about partying and drinking, I assure you those who do not know that it is hard, laborious work which requires much determination. All those small things which we so often ignore.
Each week or rather with each blog I attempt to deliver deep into a particular thought and feeling... to take your hand and lead you out of the fog.
It has been brought to my attention by a fellow Blogger, of the demise of a student of our Uni, Jose Gallego. I personally did not know him but i think it is important that as fellow colleagues it is our duty to spare a part of our thoughts to him. In memory of Jose Gallego, a life lost too early. Death, dear children, is an inevitable part of life. We enter this world with nothing; in our wake we accumulate occasionally wealth, friends, and family and most certain of all things we, create our reputations, we build an image of our hearts, our minds in which people judge and remember us by. On a general basis what others tend to think of us is of no importance, it is irrelevant what they think and say. But what you make of yourself is how others shall remember you. Your words will “echo through the ages” as will your actions. You will leave a legacy behind of your mannerisms, your smile, your anger, your walk, your voice. Let us never forget.
Death is not the end, just the start of something else.
It has been the end of many things for me this year but also the beginning of a completely new age... one that is filled with potential and promise...

“...Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names....”

“It is truly said: It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires great strength to decide what to do... “
...Chow Ching ...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Blogger,

    Life is naturally considered short. We all tend to feel regrets for what we haven't experienced, for what we haven't achieved. However in some ways we could argue that life is too long.
    People often take advantage of having time. people are often under the illusion that we can take life for granted and royally mess it up by making stupid decisions. People need less time to grow up and see the real world. if not they only learn too late.

    We as individuals, as you mention above are some what small and minute. it is very unlikely that individuals will ever make a profound on the impact on the world. There is a chance as we could do. But the odds are stacked against us. It is the small decisions we must appreciate and recover, the words we say to the smaller people and hope this is enough to give us the right to a place on memory's lane.

    Engaria.
    PS: I think you know me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I know you:-)

    Ever the pessimist. Have hope dear child. We will win in our cause. If not in our generation then the next and if not in that then after. However long it takes truth, honesty, chivalry, courtesy will eventually win.

    Have you read the North Wind and the Sun fable? I think you will enjoy it immensely.

    It is never too late to fix things. Believe in hope.

    And as for those people who refuse to see the beauty and refuse to change well more fool them I say.

    Remember Karma

    ReplyDelete